THIS SUMMARY IS UPDATED SEVERAL TIMES A DAY – PLEASE FOLLOW US – SHARE THE NEWS, NOT THE VIRUS!
– Quebec records 1270 new cases, according to the latest report published on Wednesday April 7, for a total of 319 802 people infected since the start of the pandemic.
– The number of deaths climbs by 8, is 1 in the last 24 hours and 7 between March 31 and April 5.
– In total, 10 709 people have succumbed to the disease since the onset of the health crisis.
– 543 patients are hospitalized (+29) and 123 people are in intensive care (+2).
– 298 298 patients have recovered.
– The regions of Montréal (+299), from Capitale-Nationale (+250), of the‘Outaouais (+178) and of Chaudière-Appalaches (+142) record the largest increases in cases.
– 43 631 vaccine doses were administered for a total of 1 636 310.
– Quebec received 2 358 095 vaccines so far, of this number 498 100 doses are in transit
TO REVIEW THE SUMMARY OF WEDNESDAY 7 APRIL – FOLLOW THIS LINK
– PM François Legault will meet the media at 5 p.m. this afternoon. He could extend the shock treatment in Quebec and Lévis beyond April 12. The closure of schools and non-essential businesses could also be extended in Gatineau and Chaudière-Appalaches. This is the second major press briefing in 48 hours.
– Wearing a medical mask is now mandatory at all times at work, even at your workstation. The measure that comes into force today aims to prevent the spread of variants of COVID-19. It is also valid for outside workers who cannot respect the 2 meter distance. Wearing a face cover is also compulsory for outdoor activities if they involve more than one family bubble.
– Doctors are increasingly worried by the pandemic according to a new survey conducted by the College of Physicians. 30% of them witnessed the death of a patient with COVID-19. Of these, 73% say they have experienced negative effects on their mental health.
– Walk-in clinics will be open as of today in Montreal and other regions of Quebec to vaccinate 55 and over who wish to receive the vaccine AstraZeneca. If the wait is too high, coupons will be distributed to avoid gatherings. For the complete list of vaccination sites, CLICK HERE !
– The pandemic made 2.9 millions deaths across the globe, according to the most recent data from Johns Hopkins University.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks