Samsung Galaxy devices released from 2019 onwards will benefit from at least four years of security updates. Until now, the brand’s commitment was to offer two years of security updates to all its devices, so the new policy doubles the previously established period.
Depending on the range, the company will launch these improvements on a monthly or quarterly basis. It should also be noted that these updates correct security flaws, but do not add new functions to the older models. Operating system updates – which do come with new features – are guaranteed for at least three years, but only for select Galaxy. In any case, it is good news that prolongs the useful life of the brand’s mobiles.
At Samsung, we take security and privacy concerns very seriously and are doing our best to respond as quickly as possible. Securing your device and maintaining the trust you place in us is our top priority.
What products in the Galaxy family will benefit from this policy?
Samsung itself has shared a list of the terminals benefiting from this new policy. These include the following models:
- Foldable Galaxy Smartphones: Fold, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G.
- Familia Galaxy S: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G.
- Serie Galaxy Note: Note10, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G.
- Galaxy A line: A10e, A20, A50, A11, A21, A51, A51 5G, A71 5G.
- Galaxy XCover Series: XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro.
- Tablets Galaxy Tab: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A con S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+.
The article The Galaxy will receive security updates for four years was published in Hypertext.